Star Trek Series 5 - These sets are coming next!
Published on 22.07.2023
The current Series 4 of our Star Trek models didn't fully go to retail yet and we do present a preview of the Series 5 sets already? Oh yes, we sure do. In our most recent preview video and in this very blog post you will learn which much wanted sets are awaiting as upcoming full scale props, Brick Buddies, mini-, midsize- and display size models. Also we have another shuttle in the mini figure scale and an advent calendar waiting for you this holiday season. As always you can find all of the upcoming sets in our Star Trek category and sign up for a release notfication via email.
In our video Marco and Dirk present all the colorful prototypes in our most recent preview video:
If you prefer text you can find all the information about all upcoming sets in their proper colors below:
Props for sick bay
After supplying the security department on Starfleet vessels and Klingon warriors with plenty of weaponary with our previous props, now officers doning blue uniforms do get their proper equipment. No matter if the chief medical officer is one of flesh and blood or an emergency medical hologram all are very likely to use a medical tricorder for diagnosing their many patients and needing to apply them with some hypospray for medication.
New Brick Buddies
Having added Brick Buddies in our Series 4 as a new category of sets we do add six more main and recurring characters with our Series 5. These are coming next:
- Captain Benjamin Sisko: Commanding officer of Deep Space Nine equipped with phaser, baseball and baseball glove
- Data: The science officer of U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D comes with a PADD and his trusty cat Spot who did cost his fellow senior officers some nerves while pet sitting.
- Seven of Nine: The former Borg drone found a new home on the USS Voyager NCC-74656 and helps the crew with at times unconventional methods and her vast knowledge of the Delta quadrant.
- Q: The almost omnipotent being from the Q continuum found a favorite opponent in Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Taking humankind to court in the TNG pilot episode, Q turned out to be more of a joker in subsequent appearances.
- Quark: This Ferengi business man owns and runs a bar on the promenade of Deep Space Nine and tries to follow the rules of acquisition to amass maximum profit. Unfortunately his own family in form of his mother, brother and nephew do know how to prevent him from achieving just that.
- James T. Kirk: Captain James T. Kirk has been in command of the first Enterprise to bear the registration NCC-1701 and her successor NCC-1701-A. Along his senior staff of officers he has experienced a lot of adventures in his long Starfleet career..
Six new vessels in the minisize
Just like our previous series this sees the addition of six more models in the minisize. These models are coming next:
- V'Ger (Star Trek: The Motion Picture): This several dozen miles long ship has collected a vast amount of knowledge in its several hundred year travel back to Earth.
- USS Raven NAR-32450 (VOY 4x06: The Raven): The Raven has been a small civilian science vessel of the United Federation of Planets. Exo biologists Magnus and Erin Hansen along with their daughter Annika aboard, did research a cybernetic species only known as Borg far beyond the romulan neutral zone deep in the Beta quadrant.
- USS Equinox NCC-72381 (VOY 5x26: Equinox Part 1+2): The Equinox like the Voyager has been brought into the Delta quadrant by the caretaker. While the crew of the Voyager tries to uphold the ideals of the Federation and adhere to Starfleet protocol, the crew of the Equinox just tries to get home by the means deemed easiest to them.
- SS Botany Bay (TOS 1x24: Space Seed): SS Botany Bay was a sleeper ship from late 20th century Earth. Launched on Earth in 1996 and led by Khan Noonien Singh and his Augments they left Earth after their defeat by non-Augments.
- Jem'Hadar Battleship (Deep Space Nine): The Jem'Hadar Battleship was a type of battleship used by the Dominion. It was first seen in the Alpha quadrant during the Dominion War in 2374.
- Scimitar (Star Trek: Nemesis): The Scimitar ist a reman battleship equipped with dozens of disruptor banks, photon torpedo bays, primary and secondary shields as well as a cloaking device. She's a predator.
Many old friends in a new size coming in midsize now
This time five models do join the ranks of your midsize fleet. Four of which have been previously seen as minisize or minifigure scale sets:
- USS Excelsior NX-2000 (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock): Called a bucket of bolts by Montgomery Scott this experimental vessel has been equipped with a transwarp drive and was later captained by Hikaru Sulu with a more conventional warp drive as NCC-2000.
- USS Stargazer NCC-2893 (TNG 1x09: The Battle): Once captained by Jean-Luc Picard for many years this ship has been considered lost or destroyed for many years after a batte against a Ferengi ship. It eventually returned as a poisoned gift by the Ferengi.
- USS Thunderchild NCC-63549 (Star Trek: First Contact): The Akira class did toss many Starfleet design conventions in the 24th century overboard and rather took inspiration from NX-class type ships of the 22nd century. This ship class served in battles against the Borg and the Dominion in the late 24th century.
- Jem'Hadar attack ship (Deep Space Nine): The Jem'Hadar attack ship has been one of the most used ship types by the Dominion during the Dominion War. By destroying the Galaxy class USS Odyssey this ship showed off its devastating powers.
- Danube class Runabout (Deep Space Nine): The Danube class runabout has been a long distance shuttle that thanks to its size and equipment could be used for long range missions. Before the Defiant has been stationed on Deep Space Nine these Runabouts have been the main means of the station personell to explore the Gamma quadrant.
The Sovereign class flag ship as a display size model
The USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E has been the sixth ship of Starflett to be assigned this name and legacy registration. The Sovereign class has been the most modern and tecnological advanced ship class of the 2370s. 2373 the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard took part n the Battle of Sector 001 against the Borg and made sure the First Contact between Humans and Vulcans did happen in 2063 as historically chronicled. Afterwards the Enterprise-E took on missions for the Starfleet diplomatic corps and did not actively take part in the Dominion War.
22nd century Shuttlepod in minifigure scale
22nd century Shuttlepods have been small shuttles for up to seven persons used as a transport from and to planetary surfaces or between ships. On occasion they have been used to transport diplomatic delegations. Two of these 6.10 meter long shuttlepods have been in use on the Enterprise NX-01 between 2151 and 2161.
A Star Trek advent calendar?!
This holiday seasons Trekkies can look forward to Christmas Day. This year a Star Trek advent calendar awaits. Behind its 24 doors you will find plenty of Starfleet vessels, alien ships and props in microscale format made from just a handful of bricks each. What does wait for every day will be kept secret for the time being.
Live long and prosper!